Kitimat Community Services Society
KITIMAT COMMUNITY GARDEN
The Kitimat Community Garden is a space for:
• Building community!
• Educating and empowering all generations of people to grow healthy food!
• Creating a more food-secure Kitimat!
The garden was established in April 2014 and currently features 12 raised beds, a picnic table for gatherings, and a composting station.
The garden is located at the Mountain View Alliance Church, 1332 Lahakas Blvd North.
The garden is a partnership project between Kitimat Community Services Society and the Mountainview Alliance Church, with generous
support from People's Pharmacy, Northern Health, Kitimat Leisure Services, and Service Canada.
GARDEN WISH LIST:
• Gardeners! Come grow with us!
• Compost materials: Livestock manure, grass clippings, leaf mulch, kitchen scraps
• Volunteer help for building raised beds, tool sheds, and fences
• Seeds and plants for our Spring Plant Sale (in May).
For garden updates and scheduled work parties, classes, and events, please check out our Facebook page.
For more information or to get involved please call Willow at 250-632-9107 or e-mail email@example.com.
Coming soon: KITIMAT FOOD SHARE GARDEN! In spring 2015, we plan to revitalize the former Horizon House garden space in the
downtown core to grow food for the Food Share program. Volunteers needed!